ShareThis

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10 things I hate about Twitter


I hate when someone I follow on Twitter...
  1. Still uses the now-ancient "RT @twitterhandle" to retweet someone instead of just hitting the Retweet button.
  2. Puts a period before an @mention because they want the whole world to see what they're talking about (not just those people who follow both of you).
  3. Makes me click on the link to find out I'm completely uninterested.
  4. Automatically posts every check-in on Foursquare and GetGlue.
  5. Has an entire conversation with a friend on Twitter instead of just texting or calling them.
  6. #humblebrags -- though they are funny when they're unknowingly retweeted by @humblebrag
  7. Has a profile picture of anything other than their own headshot.
  8. Just tweets a link with no supporting text
  9. #pitytweets
  10. Tweet thieves who repost original, funny, or interesting content without mentioning the source.

No comments: