The Pratt family has spent every summer of their lives for 4 generations and 70-some consecutive years at our cottages on the Finger Lakes in upstate New York. These two cottages - one red, one white - are purely summer homes for entertainment and relaxation. But there are some rules:
- Never call it a mosquito bite.
- Beer cans only.
- Wetsuits permitted only if water temp + air temp < 120 degrees
- All putts break towards the lake.
- No Mets fans.
- It's always Happy Hour.
- If it's yellow let it mellow.
- No sleeping in the Indian Cave.
- Never admit that it rained.
- Always tie two half hitches.
- Bathe in the lake.
- Never bid 5 unless your opponents bid 4.
- Lift the yellow raft by the bottom ring.
- Only cook over a driftwood fire.
Voluntarily breaking these rules will result in an immediate revoking of the Nut Ridger title and permanently temporary ban from having fun.