ShareThis

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Top 10 films of 2012



I must preface this list by restating that for years now I've contended that the Academy is out of touch with the general movie-going public. And I've also admitted time-and-time again that there is a distinct difference between the best movies and your favorite movies.

I must also admit I have not yet seen Amour, Beasts of the Southern Wild, or Salmon Fishing in the Yemen -- but honestly, who has?

With that said, and despite no longer being employed and reimbursed to see movies in theaters or at home, I have seen quite a few and more than most people, and I believe IMHO that these are the top 10 best movies of the year:
  1. Argo
  2. Lincoln
  3. Django Unchained
  4. Zero Dark Thirty
  5. Skyfall
  6. Looper
  7. 21 Jump Street
  8. Flight
  9. Wreck-It-Ralph
  10. The Grey

Not to be confused with my favorite movies. As I said earlier, the best films of the year are not always my favorite films of the year. Heck Fools Gold is one of my all-time favorite films. It's rated 11% on RottenTomatoes.com. So with that said, these are my top 10 favorite movies of the year:
  1. The Avengers
  2. Argo
  3. Django Unchained
  4. Ted
  5. Skyfall
  6. Looper
  7. The Dark Knight Rises
  8. The Cabin in the Woods
  9. Dredd 3D
  10. Chronicle

I'm sure there are some snubs. So go ahead and let me have it in the comments.

No comments: