I'm no psychologist. Nor a philosopher. But I don't think you have to be to see that the websites you have bookmarked in your favorite web browser speak volumes about who you are as a person.
And whether you sync your bookmarks (using iCloud, Chrome, or some other extension) or you have two separate set of bookmarks (one for work and one at home) says something about you too.
Take my bookmark bar (see above) for example:
- Synced across all devices = geek
- Abbreviated to save space = perfectionist
- In Google Chrome, the fastest browser = busy
- Different folders for different jobs/companies = multitasker
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn = social
- Different folders for different Facebook and Twitter links = very social
- Blog = blogger
- iCloud = Apple fanboy
- Gizmodo = technophile
- Digg = been online since "web 2.0" was a term people used
- Fantasy Football = sports fan
- Amazon = online shop-a-holic who likes receiving things in the mail
- Nike+ = fit / brand loyal
That literally sums me up. Perfectly.
But now I'm curious. What do you have bookmarked? And what does it say about you?