- You think all football teams are supposed to wear orange!
- You know all the 4 seasons: winter, still winter, almost winter and construction.
- You live less than 30 miles from some college or university.
- You know what a buckeye really is, and have a recipe for candied ones.
- "Toward the lake" means "north" and "toward the river" means "south."
- You know if other Ohioans are from southern or northern Ohio as soon as they open their mouths.
- You can spell words like Cuyahoga, Olentangy, Bellefontaine, Tuscarawas, Wapakoneta and you know which letter is doubled in Cincinnati.
- "Vacation" means spending a day at Cedar Point in the summer and deer hunting in the fall.
- You measure distance in minutes.
- Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
- Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
- You've had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
- You know what should be knee-high by the Fourth of July.
- You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. For example: "Where's my coat at?"
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You think of the major four food groups as corn, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
- You carry jumper cables in your car.
- You know what 'pop' is.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow. (Amen!
- You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightgown.
- The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires six pages for sports
- You know which leafs make good toilet paper
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Jeff Foxworthy: You Might be from O-hi-uh if...
Jeff Foxworthy on Ohio. All I have to say is "Go Bucks!" You might be from Ohio (pronounced O-hi-uh), if: