ShareThis

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Separating Fantasy Football from Fandumb Football



Every year I go into my California Penal fantasy football league draft saying I will not pick from the heart - and every year I end up with 6 players from the great state of New York and 2 Cleveland Browns.

But this year was different. After years of watching the most clueless football "fans" finish in the top 3 every year with nothing but a magazine or spreadsheet, I too decided to go by the book. And boy did it pay off. I might as well have been on auto-pick but I ended up with a stud team and the second highest projected points for the first week's games.

Now there is no telling how the rest of the season will turn out - with injuries and sleepers inevitable - but I have done my job, and finally, for the first time in 9 years, separated fantasy from fan-dumb.

No comments: